When the Real Book was first published, there was fake book another series called spaces. There were six different volumes.
Spaces I – Jazz Classics (C)
Spaces II – Contemporary Funk Jazz (C)
Spaces III – Jazz Mixed Bag (C)
Spaces IV – Compendium of Jazz
Spaces V – Bebop (C)
Spaces VI – Solos (C)
Many of them were direct copies of the charts that were in the Real Book.
However there was one volume that was quite distinct from the others. The Volume VI Solos.
Even today this one is quite rare. It was never readily available.
No need to go looking for it though. We have brought that one into the digital software realm.
This contains hundreds of Jazz Solos for Every Jazz Instrument imaginable – Piano, Trumpet, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Sax, Bass, Flute, Vibes, Trombone, Violin, Clarinet and Jazz Guitar.
The list of artists is a real Who’s Who of jazz…
Jazz Transcriptions From Famous Jazz Artists such as: Booker Little, Bud Powell, Cannonball Adderly, Charlie Christian , Charlie Parker, Chick Corea, Clifford Brown, Coleman Hawkins, Dizzy Gillespie, Django Reinhardt, Donald Byrd, Freddie Hubbard, George Benson, Herbie Hancock, Horace Silver, Hubert Laws, J.J. Johnson, Jean Luc Ponty, Joe Henderson, Joe Pass, Joe Zawinul, John Coltrane, Keith Jarrett, Kenny Burrell, Kenny Dorham, Lester Young, Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis, Milt Jackson, Ornette Coleman, Oscar Peterson, Sonny Rollins, Sonny Stitt, Stan Getz, Thelonius Monk, Wes Montgomery To name just a few.
· All of the solos are already transcribed for you. You don’t have to!!!
· You don’t have to acquire the recordings.
· You don’t have to find the location of the solo within the recording.
· All of the transcriptions and recordings are already organized for you.
· You can sort or find by song title, soloist, tempo, key, instrument
· You don’t have to research thousands of recordings hoping to find the correct one that matches the solo.
· 187 Solos by…
· 72 different artists on…
· 11 instruments with…
· 400 Pages of solos spanning…
· Over 50 years of jazz – from the 20’s to the 70’s
· Every imaginable style of jazz music gets covered here
And another nice perk…
Even though these are the full length recordings, we’ve indicated the solo start times for you
so there is no hunting around for where they are within the song!
Very convenient, yes?